Wendy is one tired woman! Her plane arrived at Glasgow International Airport at 7:50 a.m. I met her at 8:45 a.m. after she had picked up her luggage and gone through customs. We took the city bus back to the hotel ($18.47 for both of us -- mine a two-way ticket from hotel/airport/hotel and hers a one-way -- as compared with a taxi which would have been minimum $50 round-trip). Arrived to the hotel around 10:30 a.m. and Wendy took a 2-hour nap. We then went sightseeing on foot... a very nice city, contrary to my initial observation from last evening. Lots of very old and very ornate buildings. Did my laundry at a hostel across the street from the hotel, since our hotel does not offer laundry service. Cost was $8.39 for one load (wash and dry)... everything's very expensive! At least I didn't have to pay for the ironing and folding! (Wendy ironed and I folded!!!)
Speaking of folding, I think I'll close for now. I've had lousy internet connection speed here at the hotel. Can you believe it's not Wi-Fi??? I guess I've become spoiled. Connection was too slow to upload any videos today... perhaps better luck tomorrow. We'll be in Inveraray then. Our personal guide meets us in the morning at 9:30 a.m. to begin our tour of Scotland!
3 comments:
Glad to know Wendy made it safely. I saw her and Megan at dinner Thursday night and was able to wish her well. Looking forward to continued blog entries of your time in Scotland and England.
Oh ... and Happy Independence Day!!
Thank you, Brenda!
Post a Comment