Saturday, July 2, 2011

On my way to Scotland... goodbye, Belfast!

My time in Ireland has officially come to a close. I set sail for Scotland from the docks of Belfast at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, July 2nd. They told me I was taking a ferry out of port. The water craft was much more like a cruise liner, however... well, not exactly, but it was quite large and posh!

After two weeks in Ireland it was with mixed feelings that I said goodbye to the land of many shades of green. I am looking forward to meeting Wendy at the airport in Glasgow tomorrow morning. But I'm also feeling some sadness about saying goodbye to the land of clover, Leprechauns and pots of gold. (Well... at least two out of three rang true for me. I walked upon clover and met a short Irishman who introduced himself to me as a Leprechaun... surely, he looked the part from head-to-toe! As for the gold? That's another issue... I've spent far more than I've discovered. However, I did find a fifty euro note in the mud (the equivalent of U.S. $72.65) as I walked in the rain through an ancient cemetery! The saints were lookin' kindly down upon me that day, for sure!

No comments: