Saturday, July 16, 2011

While Rupert Murdoch's News Corp is under investigation for phone tapping here in London, the Mullins' Hotel Room was found to be BUGGED!

No kidding! Wendy and I arrived in London on Wednesday, July 13. We checked into our hotel and then found a nearby laundramat where we did our laundry for the week. Upon returning to our hotel, we prepared for bed. Pulling back the covers, Wendy found what appeared to be a very small black bug. Pulling back the mattress sheet we found evidence of bed bugs. (See the disgusting photos below.) Not a very pleasant discovery at 10:00 p.m. or any time, to say the least!

It took too long for hotel management to come up with a solution to our dilemma. The hotel was booked full to capacity. At 1:00 a.m., several hours after our unpleasant discovery, we were shuttled off to a nearby hotel where we were provided a small, barely satisfactory apartment room for the night at a cost of 130 British pounds (the equivalent of about U.S. $210). We slept rather poorly that night as the bed was rather lumpy and quite uncomfortable.

Upon rising the next morning (at 7:30 a.m.) we returned to our original hotel room and met with the manager. She refunded our 130 British pounds which we paid for the seven-and-a-half hour stay at the "emergency shelter" and assured us that our credit card would be credited as well for the previous night we had paid for in her hotel. Later that day we were moved into a different room that proved to be free of any bugs.

Now... if only I could get some sleep. I keep feeling as if something is crawling on me beneath the covers. But each time I look, I find nothing is there. Still my mind keeps telling me, "something lurks beneath the sheets!" It's definitely not Wendy... she's sleeping soundly in bed as I type this blog.


No comments: