I drove 82 miles southwest from Dublin to Kilkenny today. They built a new highway about a year ago that made the drive quite nice... no narrow squeezes along the way, which made the drive much more comfortable. The historic town of Kilkenny is another matter, however. The streets are narrow, making it a tight fit in approaching oncoming traffic. I'm getting the hang of it, though. I'm feeling more and more comfortable at the wheel, but still not without "white knuckling" the steering wheel from time to time.
I ate dinner at a restaurant/pub in Kilkenny... called the Marble City Pub. I had batter-fried cod (a HUGE plank of it!), mushy peas (really quite tasty!), and thick plank fries. I must say, it's the best cod I've ever eaten... and I've eaten a lot of cod in my lifetime! All in all, an excellent meal.
Gotta sign-off for now. Wendy's at lunch and it's time to try to reach her by Skype!
No comments:
Post a Comment