Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Kilkenny Street Scenes taken between 10:30 - 11:00 p.m.
I went to the Marble City Pub this evening to listen to a musician I had met earlier in the day, Tom Comerford of Waterford, Ireland (about 45 minute drive from Kilkenny). Check out Tom's website at www.tomcomerford.com .
During his concert Tom invited me up to play a couple of songs. I first played the song I wrote for Wendy for our wedding 32 years ago, "Angel in White." (We will celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary in Scotland this July 7th!) I followed that number up with "The Bubblegum Song" (also known as "Frank and Harold"). I wrote that song about a month before our wedding -- attempting to write a wedding love song, but it was finals week my senior year of college, I was under pressure, and crazy stuff comes out of my brain in such times! What more can I say?
Anyway, the night was awesome. The small crowd at the pub seemed to enjoy my music. Two ladies who were with their own husbands really appreciated my song written for Wendy.
Now, to introduce the pictures above... I took these after leaving the pub, between 10:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. Notice how light the sky is yet in these photos. It doesn't get entirely dark until after 11 p.m. here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
and where is the video of the performances? :-)
very pretty photos! I am trying to print some of these posts that make sense without the video clips for those that want to keep up with you :) MD
Love the pictures, dad! Are you TRYING to make me more jealous with each of your posts?! :)
Peggy: I can't play guitar and hold the video camera on myself at the same! LOL
Marlee: Let me know if you succeed at printing the posts!
Post a Comment