Monday, June 20, 2011

NEWS FLASH! Jesus Spotted in Dublin!

First it was Waldo. Then it was Jesus. I couldn't believe the celebreties I was seeing in Dublin on Sunday, June 19!

Watch carefully and you'll see Jesus standing outside of his broken-down tricycle taxi. Pondering over the situation he appears to attempt to heal it. But placing his hand on the windshield and pronouncing a blessing upon the crippled contraption apparently isn't enough.

By and by another tricycle taxi comes along. Its operator emerges from his vehicle with intentions of helping, as well. What?! Does he think he can do better than the Lord???

In time a third tricycle taxi meanders up with another driver who stops to see what assistance he might provide. (It conjures up the saying, "Where two or more are gathered in His name, there He is in their midst.")

I always thought there was something special about the Trinity... you know, things go better in threes. (Kind of like the proverb, "A cord of two strands is easily broken, but a cord of three remains strong.") But apparently, the magical number 3 wasn't sufficient either.

Having observed this spectacle sufficiently, I decided to move on to a demonstration up the street. After all, if Jesus couldn't fix the trike, what business did I have sticking my nose into it?

As I passed by the Lord I offered him the best advice I could think of... "Next time, take a donkey!" (I hope he wasn't late for Mass....)

No comments: