Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I found St. Mullins!


Check this out... I took a guided tour of Trinity College in Dublin yesterday afternoon. The guide was a student... he had just completed his exams to allow him to move on from junior status to senior status. As a fourth year student he wore a Harry Potter-like cape... except his cape was rich dark brown whereas Harry's (if I remember correctly from the movies) was black.

At the end of the tour we were granted admission into the Great Library... it reminded me of the library scene in one of the Potter movies... and just prior to entering the Great Library I was given the opportunity to see the Book of Kells. (I'll speak more about that later. You may want to Google it.)

What I really want to mention at this time is the fact that there is a book that is stored in the Great Library (actually three books... three of the four Gospels) that was produced by a monk known as St. Mullins. NO KIDDING!

Look closely at the photos above and you'll see that St. Moling (from which Mulling is derived) is the same as St. Mullins. I've been "mulling" it over in my mind since yesterday afternoon... pondering... cogitating... thinking that perhaps I am related to St. Mullins. It's not inconceivable. I mean, look at me. Don't I remind you of a saint???

Okay... maybe I don't want you to answer that question. But I can still wonder over it... and while I'm considering the matter, I think I'll begin a research project on the subject. Who knows... maybe I'm closer to sainthood than I ever before thought!

No comments: